Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

How adoption isn't that different from pregnancy...

Two things: Nesting is not hormonal and neither are sleepless nights.  I am surprised by both of these.  I thought for sure God gave pregnant mothers this amazing ability to organize and clean before they had their little one.  But I have found that my house at this moment is more orgnaized and clean than it ever has been...and I have no extra hormones on board!!

And then secondly, I have found it strange that I am awakened for no reason in the middle of the night these days.  I am not even thinking of anything in particular, but just like when I was pregnant with my boys, I awaken to just me and the Lord....so thoughtful of God to help me in this way, as those same sleepless nights are coming soon.  And while I will not be getting up to feed, I will be getting up to comfort. 

On a positive note, and very different from pregnancy, I feel GREAT!!! I get to run and exercise, drink caffeine, not take my prenatal that makes me sick, no swelling, no backache, and NO labor pain physically.  However, I know this time, that this delivery will be more painful emotionally than I can imagine.  So while ibuprofen will not be needed, great amounts of tissues will. 

And for all  of these things, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you this post! Thanks for sharing! We love you! LPH