Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Saturday, May 26, 2012

We Made It...

I am sitting here, drinking really good coffee (thanks to Starbuck's Via's, thanks LA!) and looking out my window at a group of Chinese men and women stretching...all of this is too surreal.  We arrived yesterday and the only grueling part (if i could even call it that) was trying to keep ourselves awake for the remainder of the day.  Well, I managed to work out, shower, unpack and organize, go out to dinner, and then told wade to let me sleep "5 minutes."  Well, as you can imagine, that 5 minutes was REALLY a lot longer.  So i went to bed at 7, and woke up every hour past midnight, until 6, the blessed hour when i feel that now I can get up and have my coffee.

Every time I would try and go back to sleep, I kept picturing Ruthie, all snuggled next to me. I have kept myself for this entire process from going there, so that I could remain patient.  But it's so close.  My butterflies were so intense, i had to just tell myself I could think about it tomorrow...or i would be having another night like last night the next night.  I can almost touch her...

I pray for her as she's getting ready to do something that no one can prepare her for.  I pray for her sweet Nanny who has been her stand in mother until I can get here.  I remember one comment I heard at the very beginning of this process.  That no matter how "good" your adoption goes, you cannot disconnect it from great pain.

And I know....you want pics.  Well, my husband is still sleeping and i am not that great at uploading... maybe after i finish my coffee...


3 comments:

Nicole and Like said...

Thanks for the update! Hope you are sleeping better tonight... praying!

Pruiksma's Progress said...

love ya!! soo excited!!! Almost less than 24 hours!!!

aot said...

i am crying already. i love you bibi and am so proud. this is like me running races and you just wanting me to finish so bad. i am cheering for you.