Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

just some thoughts...

I think I'm just writing to be able to remember what has gone on these past few weeks...not really so that anyone can comment or be amazed.

I find that I go into somewhat of a depression after I have my children.  This is apparently a non hormonal thing, which many people would have told me after giving birth to my boys.  I find that i feel the same way this time...almost "scared" of this person that I don't know yet.  Will she sleep? Will she eat?  Will she like what we're doing right now?  Will she die from her brothers falling on top of her or playing too rough with her?  How do i get her to nap longer?...oh yeah, and this time...how will i "bond" with her?? 

I yet again, am faced with the concept of refuge...where is mine??  And because I have been through this feeling two times, i can see it more easily this time around.  I know I need God to make me joyful.  And the greatest part is that His Word promises me just that when I go to Him.  So I have been running there (still not as much as I should) but running there when i can.  I am meditating in James.  This brings me much comfort that God, in my trial, will produce character and help me throw off my sin...all the things necessary for pleasing Him and having true joy! 

Ruthie is doing really well. She's on her second night of sleeping straight through until morning...YAY!!! And she's eating like a champ again. She loves crackers (I told her that all American children love a good cracker...), carrots, apples, sweet potatoes, pancakes, noodles, and chicken salad. She still does not like pizza too much, but i'm sure with how much we love it, it'll grow on her.  :)  Oh, and her favorite little snack is raisins...I would have never even had these in cute little boxes in my pantry if it weren't for someone else putting them there.  So whoever provided them, thank you!  It's like her little joy.  And she carries that little box around for about 30 minutes trying to dig out all of those raisins. 

She has always let me rock her while singing and recently she touches my face and stares at me while I sing.  She feels like mine.  I know that sounds strange to say, but sometimes it does feel a lot like babysitting.  And I know there will still be some more of those days coming, but today, it feels wonderfully like it should...like it will someday all the time...

She LOVES pouring water all over herself.  In fact, we have this little pool in the back yard, and she gets in there with tons of splashing by her brothers and still pours cold water all over her face...and she doesn't close her eyes to do it. 

Just my thoughts...

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you updated, even if it's more for you, I still enjoy it. Still thinking and praying for y'all.

Ginny S.

Melissa Stanfield said...

Just read this Nat and I'm truly amazed with your honest and vulnerability!
I can remember feeling and thinking the same way that you have stated! Wondering many times what do I do? Always running with tears (often) to God because there was no one that understood these deep feeling that I myself couldn't! With all the day to day to do!
I too, always rocked and sang Skar to sleep. It is etched ( I know have tears streaming down my checks) in my mind and heart for all time.. her little fingers reaching up to touch my face while singing to her. While it seemed she was looking right INTO me! Her touch...and in that moment my heart sank with such love and compassion that SHE saw me! Oh..Nat I love you dearly and what amazing treasures that are being stored! Even through the trials and uncertainty of motherhood at times. You are a godly woman, wife, and mother! I'm SO proud of you!! All this to say...Your not alone! I believe it's only nature. the more I write the more tears that come! So..Love you Nat! :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma says, "I love your thoughts for the little one. i hope all your dreams come true." I do too! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam on drug screen - how to buy valium online legally

Anonymous said...

xanax 1mg xanax pills 2mg - cost of generic xanax at walmart

Anonymous said...

zolpidem pronunciation long term use of zolpidem - zolpidem no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam 5 mg side effects - diazepam 10 mg usa

Anonymous said...

order alprazolam xanax bars vs pies - xanax 2mg side effects

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan 241 - ativan injection

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax side effects fetus - yellow xanax effects

Anonymous said...

lorazepam online is ativan and xanax similar - ativan 2 mg uses

Anonymous said...

ambien online no prescription ambien cr 12.5 snort - ambien health risks

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale online ambien cr 2 pills - ambien glaucoma

Anonymous said...

soma online listaflex carisoprodol 350 mg para sirve - carisoprodol withdrawal

Anonymous said...

buy valium diazepam valium blue pill dosage - where to get valium uk

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg is it legal to buy valium online in uk - valium where to buy in the uk

Anonymous said...

valium diazepam valium vs klonopin high - buy valium by roche online

Anonymous said...

arourgypoussy lorazepam online pharmacy - lorazepam for sale http://www.lorazepamonlinesales.com/

Anonymous said...

Hello, finasteride sale - purchase finasteride online http://www.bigdocpoker.com/#order-propecia-online

Anonymous said...

Otc Cold Medication While Nursing acomplia price - acomplia weight loss http://www.buydiscountedisotretinoin.net/#acomplia-weight-loss

Anonymous said...

Review Peni Enlargement Pills cheap valtrex online - valacyclovir price http://www.cogccc.org/, [url=http://www.cogccc.org/]valtrex pills [/url]

Anonymous said...

These Drugs buy fluconazole no prescription - cheap diflucan no prescription http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#cheap-diflucan-no-prescription , [url=http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#generic-diflucan-no-prescription ]generic diflucan no prescription [/url]

Anonymous said...

Type C Drugs And Pregnancy diflucan fluconazole 150mg - cheap diflucan online http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#cheap-diflucan-online , [url=http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#buy-generic-diflucan ]buy generic diflucan [/url]

Anonymous said...


2 cymbalta price - cymbalta price http://www.cymbaltagenericonline.net/#cymbalta-price, [url=http://www.cymbaltagenericonline.net/#cymbalta-price]cymbalta price[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi, order ambien online - ambien online no prescription http://gouhelp.com/, [url=http://gouhelp.com/]buy zolpidem online [/url]