Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Thursday, July 5, 2007

HE IS SO KIND!

Every song has a theme. Over the last forty-eight hours the Grubbs family must have sung, cried, and prayed the phrase "He is so kind!" over a thousand times. This rejoicing began on Tuesday, July 3rd at 5:37 AM when our God expressed His kindness to us through Lawson Jacob Grubbs.

He's my son! All 7lbs 11ounces of this blonde haired blue-eyed little person is our son. Family and friends, meet the newest addition to the Grubbs household (a more informative update follows the pictures).



The delivery was smooth--God was again kind. Labor lasted a total of 11 hours and Natalie pushed like a champ!


Dr. Frields has become a close friend to the Grubbs family. During her time at Glendale Adventist hospital, Dr. Frields was one of Natalie's favorite doctors to work with. He is a godly man, fellow Grace Church member, and a treasured family friend. We are thankful and God is kind!





Came as two and leave as three.

Male bonding
Suprisingly, this is one of the rare moments that little Lawson actually slept during his first day of life. For the most part he was wide-eyed and bushy-tailed.
This is Lawson's favorite person to be with (mine to).
Our little man! Takes after his mom.


Natalie already holds the title of "Super Mom." She is truly wonderful and has my respect and admoration. Both her and baby are doing well (feedings, sleeping, schedules, etc.). The entire Grubbs family would like to say thank you. Your prayers and comments have been an encouragement and a joy to read (they kept us distracted during labor). Thank you for stopping by.
Additional posts to come.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mumsy and Pops can sure attest to Lawson's sweet and gentle spirit. He's cuteness pesonified.

What a joy it is to be with our grandson during his first days. He is a precious baby (and we're not prejudice at all!).

Congratulations, Natalie and Wade. You are great parents! God knew just who to bless Lawson with.

Mindy said...

Congratulations!! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see you welcome this long awaited little one! He is perfect. What a wonderful gift from our God. I am counting the days until I can meet him. I will be praying for you in the coming days as you transition into parenthood. Y'all are going to be such great parents. Much love from the Cagles!

Kate is working on saying "Lawson". So far it is just LaLa :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again and thanks for the photos. God IS so kind! And remind each other of how kind He is when Lawson is crying through the night :). We thank God with you for little Lawson and for his smooth entrance into this world. Can't wait to see him in person and hold him. We love ya'll and share in your joy.

Anonymous said...

What a joy to finally get to see precious Lawson! We have been waiting (okay, not so patiently) to see his sweet face. Praise God for his providence in a safe delivery and healthy baby.
Boys are the best! :-)
I'll be posting his birth announcement on Berachah's nursery door this Sunday, and look forward to his, and your, arrival this fall. We can't wait to see you all again!

Suzanne DeShong said...

Wade and Natalie,

We are so excited for you two as you start your new life with baby Lawson. Soon you will hardly remember back to when it was just the two of you. Your life is forever changed. What a blessing from God, and an answer to our prayers. Boys are truly a delight! Enjoy every moment, as it is like a vapor...tomorrow he will be graduating high school!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! We're so excited for you(and Leslie's a bit envious of such a short labor...she was in labor for 23 hours!) FYI...Leslie's pregnant again by God's grace. Once again we were infertile and now He's blessed us with another one on the way!!! She's roughly 7 weeks or so so we're really excited @ God's bigness in our lives again. Hope you get some sleep!

Ben and Leslie Kell

Anonymous said...

If he ain't the cutest thing I've ever seen then I don't know what is! I can't wait to hold him and pinch those cute little cheeks! I'll try to refrain from kissing those cute little fingers because I know how irritating that was for me when I was little(I had a brother that loved to irritate me...Wade). Anyways, we were all so glad when we heard that the delivery went well. Can't wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks!! Love you bunches!!!!

Julie Davis said...

Gosh I can't even express how excited we are for y'all. I cry everytime I think about the JOY I know you're experiencing. We will be praying for you as you face this new journey in raising your little blessing. I can't wait to see you and meet Little Lawson in just a few short weeks. Lawson will be Jackson's Best Friend!!
We love y'all!!!!!

Julie Davis said...

Oh I forgot to tell you how Beautiful he is (yes he's beautiful!). He looks like his mommy, I love that!

Schulte Fam said...

Congrats Nat & Wade! I cannot believe that you guys have a son. Lawson is adorable and I hope to meet (and see you guys) soon! I am also glad to see that the Lord has provided a new church for you guys. Take care!

Cristi said...

Yea!!! He's here :) We are so excited with you guys. Please, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help out. Lots of love,
Shaun, Cristi, Julia, and Caleb

Terry Holman said...

He is adorable! All of Longview will be waiting to meet him personally. We are so happy for you. Blessings, Terry and Keith

katherine said...

Congradualtions Grubbs family!!! Little Lawson is such a handsome boy... we love you guys and are so excited for you two as you enjoy the blessings and joys of parenthood :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wade and Natalie. We are very happy for you and look forward to seeing you here in Georgia.

Matt & Donnah

Jeanne Damoff said...

Dear Wade, Natalie, and Lawson Jacob,

We are all so happy for you! When Mumsy told me his name, my heart filled with so much joy, and all day long, every time I thought of you, the joy came flooding back. When I told Jacob the baby's name, he blushed, then whispered, "Thank you, Natalie." Of course everyone around here (and right now that's 18 people, because I'm in Colorado with the extended family) is thrilled for you. God has blessed us as He is blessing you.

Can't wait to meet him.

Love, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

He has to be the cutest thing that I have ever seen. I hope that our little bundle of joy looks and acts as calm as Lawson does!!!! Hope to see the three of you soon, when we can all take a break :) Best Wishes!!!! Ashley and Seth