Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Friday, July 13, 2007

Lawson Meets Family

Many of you do not know this but we newborns have what you adults call "superhuman powers." For instance, consider a newborn's uncanny ability to command the center of attention. Think about it. I have not the ability to hold a verbal conversation nor do I possess the physical ability to wow a crowd. Yet I can manage to grab the attention of an entire room and successfully hold that attention for hours on end. It's a sight to see really. I suppose it has something to do with newborn's incredible cute factor. My dad says I have the cute factor written all over me and that I get this from my mama (just see the pics below). This is my first few days with some of the family. My grandparents, one crazy uncle, and two goofy aunts came for a weekend visit.





  • This is my aunt Abigail. She refers to me as her little nugget. She even grits her teeth and gets all googly when she says it.


  • My aunt Lindsay is a newlywed. I was glad she flew all the way to CA to see me. I over heard her telling my mom that she might wait a little longer before having children of her own. Was it something I did? I'm only a 24/7 job!


  • This is dad hanging out with my uncle Kevin (the newlywed half to my aunt Linz). He's a Longhorn fan but we won't hold that against him. Gig'em Aggies!




  • My uncle Justin (Aunt Ab's hubby-to-be) showered me with gifts all the way from Washington DC. I think he's trying to get me into politics. This is my first Congressional mug and an official House of Representative bib (I'm told all the big wigs wear one).


  • No one can tell me that I'm not loved.


  • Some have labeled me a trend setter. Just check out Pops as he tries to see if he can sleep swaddled like me. Needless to say he's not as flexible as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so precious you guys! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Rachel sent me the link, I love the page! Congratulations again! Stay in touch.

Love,
Kirsten

V. said...

I loved looking at all your pics!

He is adorable.

Love,
Ginny (Skelton) Smith