Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Show me the monkey!!

I am four months old now. I weigh 17 1/2 pounds, and am 24 inches long. Most everyone that sees me in he store asks if I'm 5 or 6 months old. What? Haven't they heard of a healthy baby?
One thing that I have really grown to love is my little Curious George. I remember talking with him when I was 2 weeks old, but it had been some time since we got to chat. The other day, we were driving home from an outing and I wasn't too happy... still need those naps, you know. Mom tried everything she could which isn't much since I have to stay in that silly car seat. But her friend Brook, mentioned that maybe I would like the monkey. So finally after 16 weeks of no George, I got to see him. I thought he had been a goner for sure. Not sure if all of you remember, but we have moved across a few states since I had seen him last. I calmed immediately. It was such sweet reuniting. Check out my pics below.




"O George...it's Lawson. It has been so long. You look good, my friend."



"Can I have a little cuddle?"



"Don't worry, I won't eat you. I just want to look into your eyes a little closer."



George was telling me what "large dark box" was like (mom called it the moving box.) Sounded scary, so i hugged him for comfort.


The other night, I didn't want to take my bottle. I have always taken a bottle at night, but I wanted my mom and dad to know that I was not interested. So after much crying, they finally got out George and I watched him take a sip, then mama, then daddy, then I did. But i only sipped as long as they did, then I thought it was George's turn again. So I gave him back the bottle. So we made rounds again. This was fun (much more fun than my bed) so I gave the bottle back to George again. Then they all took longer sips. I thought 'O good, this time I'll be able to have more than a couple of sips. I'm getting hungry and they are all taking turns on my bottle.' So when it got to me the last time, I drank up. I hoped George, mom and dad wouldn't mind. They didn't say a word... and the last thing I remember is waking up the next day.
Thanks George...so good to have you back.
This is just a pic to show how big I've gotten. I like to cuddle with mama.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NAT!! Lawson is HUGE!!! I want to come visit ASAP. I'll call soon!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh my goodness!!! Lawson, you are getting soooo big! What cute chubby cheeks you have! Kate thinks you are a stud muffin!!! She is crying right now because she wants to see you in person! Keep growing big and strong! We love you.