Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And we're off...almost...

I know, I know, it's been a long time... Last time I posted, our oldeset son was 17 months old.  Well, a bit has changed since then.  Thank goodness, most of you know us and realize the changes and therefore are not going to hold it against us that I am not a blogger.  However, for this part of our lives, we were asked by many of you to "at least post pictures"  of our China adventures. Don't worry...we'll do a little more than that.  Like I said, I am not a "blogger", but this will serve as a great way to remember what on earth we did in China and what our days as a family of five will be like when we get home. 

So enjoy, all three of you who will be reading this. ;)

Here is a snapshot of our travel plans

  • Tuesday, May 22 - Drive to Texas to drop off our boys with my parents
  • Friday, May 25 - our plane to China leaves out of Atlanta at 12:30am (yes, we're driving 10 hours to Texas and 10 hours back...) 
  • But since we have to be to the airport at 9:30pm, I'm considering our departure date to be the 24th...when you've been waiting 18 months for this, what's one more day?  Everything!!!

Although a huge list of prayer requests could be mentioned here, the one that comes to the top is for my mother. She (and my dad) have offered to watch our kids and I could not be more thankful. But when we arrive at her house, she will have just come home from spending three weeks (literally, to the day) with my sweet little sister and her first baby...so night feedings, etc, will be making my mom a little more tired than usual. She would never complain, but I just want to ask that you keep her in your prayers that she would have strength to care for my children, who still do not always sleep through the night. :)

8 comments:

RICHARD GRUBBS said...

Hey there just know that all my prayers are with yall now on your upcoming adventure. And let your mom know that im willing to help out in anyway i can if they need some help! Love yall and cant wait to see all of yall with Ruthie as soon as possible. Have a safe trip and see yall soon, love Dad

Pruiksma's Progress said...

I am way impressed!!! LOVE YOU!!

Melissa Stanfield said...

I LOVE it!!!!! You posted!!!! I will one of the three :):) that will be reading this and checking in all the time!!!
I can't wait for you guys to leave and come back home with Ruthie!!!!! Too excited for words!!!

Yesterday afternoon I was talking with Skarlett about you and the family leaving for China (because she wanted to come over and play). Continued to tell her that Ruthie will be home soon and you know what this sweet little girl said.." I go to China and play with Ruthie!"..me just grinning at her Love and excitement for Ruthie too my response was "Ruthie will be home before you know it and you can play with your friend then". Skarlett then says "Ok..Mommy I want to play with Fletch, Law, and Nat"!!! Oh..how we love you all dearly and keep you and Ruthie in our prayers!! We love you tons!!!

Curtis said...

I'm so glad you're blogging about this Natalie... like you said, you will love to have this "journal" to look back on as a family. Can't wait to see pictures of your adventures in China and RUTHIE!!! with her new daddy and mommy. :) :) :)
love,
grace

Jeanne Damoff said...

Exciting times! Count me among the (already more than three) stalkers. Love you!

Jeanne

VirginiaM said...

So excited for you and your family! I look forward to the updates and will be praying for an amazing trip!! Cannot wait to hear about your first moments with Ruthie!

Mo Say said...

I can't believe it is almost here! You are a very blessed family and I am beyond excited imagining how excited you must be. I'm so glad I saw this blog and now can keep up with you as you go to China and back with Ruthie! We will all be praying for you and your family... love you!

Julie Davis said...

I'm so glad you posted!! looks like you have more than 3 readers. :) I will be praying for your mom! Can't wait to hear more!