Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am a wopping 17 months now! Very hard to believe. I know you're thinking, " wow it would have been nice to see pics between the one year birthday and now." But really it was so that you can see all my new hair and how my teeth are not so far from each other now. I almost look like a real little kid. There was a while that i overheard my Dad keep asking my Mom if she thought I was going to need braces to fix my "gap." I mean, what is a gap? It sounded scary, so at night, I prayed the "gap" would go away (and that I would be blessed with more hair) and it all came true. Growing up is so great.
Of course, I can now run, go up and down stairs without help, assist mom with dishes (kind of), put things in the trash (and in the toilet, but mom does not like that one so much). I also LOVE to read, eat, play with balls, cuddle with "mommy" and wrestle with "daddy." I can say please (turns out like "me" and he touches his little chest), thank you, hi, bye bye, mommy, daddy, ball, tree (like tee...you know for Christmas tree), bible and baby. Also on occation, I say Jesus. Always good to learn that name early. That's an important one they tell me. And like every good boy, I LOVE cars. No one ever has to teach a boy the sounds of a car; they just come naturally.


mmm desert...the best part





me and the girls



Our guests for Thanksgiving...aunt and uncle and good friends Rachel and Chad Grief




Wow this food can make you real lethargic...I've heard it's what's in the turkey.


yep...real lethargic. And this aunt of mine wears me out too!


Me and Dad at the "Turkey Bowl" He played awesome.


YOu can see Daddy in the background. He had my undivided attention.








more eats

A little cookie... a little stroller ride... life is good.


I still have George (my monkey) He has gotten a tad smaller, I've noticed.


I LOVE reading.


9 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I was wondering what ever happened to him?!?! haha. He is sooooo much bigger. I can't believe it. WHere did all the time go? He looks sooo much like you, Nat. He does look like a little kid now.....maybe it's about time for another baby?!?! lol I hope I get to see yall next month when we come your direction for a wedding. Lawson sure is a cutie. Looks like yall are adjusting well to the "big" kid challenges!!! He's adorable.

John and Daisy said...

Hey Nat,

I am going to text you our address. I hope you got our Christmas card with the picture! WE love you and it's so awesome to see pictures of Lawson. He is so cute. So great you and the family are all together for the holidays. Take care and hope we can talk in the new year.
love,
daisy

Meagan said...

hey guys-long time no see! I've tried to call ya Wade-but I guess you're too busy for me! Maybe next time you guys are in town Mickie and Lawson can get together and play-but I must warn you-her daddy won't let her kiss boys yet.
for pics go to HER blogspot!

marymichaelmorse.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Isn't it time for some more pics? I enjoyed hearing Lawson sing this morning. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lawson,Wade and Natalie

you need to get some pics of the youth group and Lawson.

Lizzy Johnson

Anonymous said...

Hey Grubbs family!! This is Megan L. I just wanted to say hey. How are y'all? I will see you all tomorrow! Bye! Megan

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Steve said...

Lawson is huge! Don't forget to remind him that it is not only good to be a Grubbs... it's good to be a Californian! :) Take care, guys.

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)