Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A few last thoughts...

Before i had Lawson, I was reading James and found great comfort in God's perspective on trials.

Before I had Fletcher, Colossians was where I was and saw God as an amazing Creator and Sustainer of Life.

Before I have Ruthie, I find that the Psalms are such a comfort to me.  Over the last couple of days here, I have found that the sweet children that God has given me have been my "refuge."  We have discussed this topic many times in Small Group this year and I knew that I did not always go to the Lord for my refuge, but I don't think I could have known that i put such hope in my children without having this trial opportunity of being away from them. Through many tears, the Pslams have reminded me what a refuge our God is...He has promised that. So while I may not know what's happening, or where i am, or how to speak the language here, my children (even if they were here) would not bring me what I need.  I am so thankful that God works through all situations to show us our need to depend on Him.  Please pray for me, as while I am realizing this, it is still not easy to just go to Him, as i should, to be my refuge.  I'm thankful he is gracious and full of abundant love.

These are my last thoughts before I will have my daughter.  If this seems like rambling to you, well, it probably is.

6 comments:

Pruiksma's Progress said...

you will treasure this post. Love ya!!

Jim Schaubroeck said...

We prayed for you before we fell asleep (couldn't make it past 1). Tammy woke up @ 2:45 with you on her mind and now we're up only imagining what it must be like to finally have her in your arms.

andrea said...

natalie BEAUTIFUL

Ginny said...

I love this post. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about you guys. James and I looked at pictures of Ruthie and just can't believe how perfect she is - such a Grubbs! We felt an extra tug at our hearts for her nanny and prayed for her as well. I love knowing that nothing that happens in the next few days will come as a surprise Him. He is your refuge! Gin-Cat

aot said...

Ahh. I teared up reading it. What wisdom God has granted you in this time -- I can see what you mean and it gives me much to consider as I parent my own gifts today. I love you and am praying constantly for you.

Abbie Shimer said...

I am so excited for you and I know you are with Ruthie right now! What a wonderful blessing. Just a quick update... I had nursery yesterday and Flecther and I had some one on one time for the first 20 min. He was doing great! My family sends our love and look forward to seeing the Grubbs Family of 5!:)