Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Monday, May 28, 2012

Gotcha Day - Our Sweet Ruthie

Words do not exist to describe today.  It took what felt like an eternity for 2pm to get here.  And then in a flash off we go to the civil affairs office and our sweet Ruthie is before us.  We're still pinching ourselves. Lot of sweet memories.  And for the sake of brevity (and the viewing of pictures) I will but say one thing before the pictures commence:

  • My wife is the most amazing mother in the world.  She amazes me with our boys and she blew me a way today.  God is gracious is all I have to say.  
    • I'll let the pictures below describe the day.
Across the street from the Civil Affairs office.
Every adopting family passing through Guangzhou exits the elevator  at the Civil Affairs office to see this sign.

Gotcha Moment: Momma's Beaming and Ruthie is Grieving (which is normal).
Our Ruthie does not take well to strangers (this we were forewarned - hence the nickname "Koala").
Makes for a painful first encounter but will prove to be valuable quality in the days to come as Ruthie learns us to be Mommy and Daddy.  
The rest of the pics are simply 1% of the pics I took of my beautiful girls.
One can really see the progression in Ruthie - growing ever more trusting of Mommy.





Sweet Kisses
This is for the boys.  Law and Fletch - check out the Angry Bird sandals.
Ruthie was handed to us with these on.
Above and Below - View of the room where Gotcha Day occurs for so many adopting families.  The amount of life-altering moments that occur in this room is overwhelming.

Each adopting family has the opportunity to sit down with the orphanage staff.  This is an emotional time to say thank you and ask questions regarding Ruthie.  In order on my right - MaoMing orphanage director and two of Ruthie's nannies.  The one with the pink glasses is in a lot of the pictures we have of Ruthie.  It is apparent that they love and care for these children.
Mom is still glowing and Ruthie loves being outside - mesmerized by all the sights and sounds.
Leaving the Civil Affairs office.  To the left is Rebecca - our incredible guide/translator and now forever friend.  Thank you Rebecca!
Sweet moment in the van on the way to the hotel.  She's going to be an earring girl like her mama




Now words needed



Natalie was ecstatic to be able to do a little girls hair.

Long day = bath time and then fast to sleep


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are in love with Ruthie already; can't imagine how full your hearts are right now. Praising God that your little girl is in your arms. Agree ~ Nat is an amazing mommy! You're in our continued thoughts and prayers.
Love,
The Culbertsons

Kathy langley said...

Yes I am your stalker !!! Wow !! Difficult to find the right words.. I am totally blown away.. As we have lost.. We have gained a precious addition to our family. Hugs to ALL 5 of you !! Love Aunt Kathy

Brenda W. said...

Can't stop the tears of joy as I look at the BEAUTIFUL expressions on Natalie's face!!!

Debbie Lute said...

Our God is sooooo good! So sweet to see you guys together. Enjoy this precious time...thanks for posting the pics! She is wonderful!

The Murr Family said...

I wept as I saw these pictures. A beautiful representation of our Father's love. Praying for y'all...the pain and joy and everything else that y'all are going to experience. Love, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a family of 5! Ruthie is just beautiful and seems so content already, as does Natalie. :-) Especially love the snuggly after-bath picture. So sweet and tender. Love you all!
Christa & the boys :-)

aot said...

I can't describe the feelings. I wept. thank you, wade, for taking all those pictures and video. Nat, I have seen you this way before -- with Lindsay as a baby and NL. It was oddly familiar and then I remembered that God always knew you'd have a little girl. love you forever. bibi

Luke and Nicole said...

Thanks for posting pictures!! We are so thrilled! Love you guys and little Ruthie!

Anonymous said...

I am bawling after reading and seeing the pictures. It hurt my heart to see her tears and reminded me how tough it must be, but I am so glad to hear that she seems to be doing ok! Continuously praying for y'all, words cannot describe how happy I am for you and how wonderful I think you guys are. Sending my love to you ALL!

Ginny S.

Paulette said...

Natalie, this is Paulette posting, LeighAnn's mom! I am SO excited for you all! Reading your blog and seeing these pictures reminds me of how I felt when LeighAnn and David went through this....such a wonderful feeling! She is beautiful and I praise God for giving her such a wonderful opportunity to have a family with you guys. She is so blessed to be with you and to have the opportunity to know Jesus now! I know you are full of so many mixed emotions right now as you are away from the boys....thanking God for seeing you through it all. Can't wait to meet little Ruthie! I pray God's continued blessings on you as you complete your journey! Love to all of you, Paulette

AJ said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!

Jeanne Damoff said...

Oh my. Tears in my eyes, my heart, my soul. Just too beautiful.

Love the pictures. Love you.

Jeanne

Molly Horn said...

Thank you for blogging this blessed journey! Jonathan and I have loved following it and the sweet pictures!

andrea said...

natalie & wade,
Praise God for this day finally here....i know how very patient you both have been and today i know it's all worth it.
i honestly didn't think ruthie could be any cuter but she is...OMG, she is BEAUTIFUL.
i won't be in town when you return from china :( i am so sad but amy will be there to welcome you guys HOME!!
i anxiously await your next post...keep the photos coming.

enjoy your 1 on 1 with ruthie...this time is priceless and you will never get this again...enjoy every second of it.
andrea

Pruiksma's Progress said...

My heart is overflowing with joy for you!! Praise be to Him!!! So much love to you all!! We will continue to pray for smooth transitions. Love you so much!
David and LeighAnn

Anonymous said...

"Our Sweet Ruthie" is home in your arms! I'm overwhelmed with joy. Natalie and Wade, you blow me away. It's an honor to love you so incredibly much. Mom

Anonymous said...

So many tears I can't type!!!! Congrats guys :)
-Tamara (Carr)

Beth Dial said...

It is impossible for us thousands of miles away to grasp what you and the Pruiksmas have experienced. However, the pictures show us the love oozing from you, Wade and Nat, the vulnerability of little Ruthie. We pray that very soon she will be comforted and trust enough to know, it's "good to be a Grubbs"! We love you, Beth

Anonymous said...

Yeah for great pictures! Wade.. Mike said that he thinks that Ruthie looks like you! I would say that's quite a compliment for you... she is ADORABLE! Praise God for the smiles and we will keep praying about the transition!
Much love- 3 Hutsels
PS.. those are some of my favorite cookies in all the planet (as long as those are the ones where the white part is sugar and not salt!) :)

Gwen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing process in pictures for the rest of us! I love it! Praying, enjoying, and wiping tears. This is just precious!

♥ Gwen