Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Monday, May 28, 2012

Up at 3am...

For the first time since last Wednesday, I have slept past 12 am!!  And this time, the only reason I am up at 3 is because my sweet Sifang woke up a little panicked as to where she was and who we were.  And to my surprise, it only took her a quick whimper to wrap her arms around me and lay back down.  She's sleeping with us in this ENORMOUS bed that we have here. I think it's bigger than a king size, and if it is a king size, Holy Cow...that is a big bed!  Anyhow, back to her. I have tears of joy, no butterflies...just can't wrap my mind around adoption.  I mean, some other mother gave birth to my beautiful girl and I get to keep her forever.  God is just too good.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and comments.  I felt the prayers yesterday. Although Ruthie looks composed in most of our pics, she cried for a solid hour...the only one in that room crying, in the midst of probably 35 families.  :)  And some Chinese women came up to her to try to console her, and after she angrily batted at their attempts at toys, candy, and touch, they just gave up and told us "she's gonna be tough."  No problem....this is what i had planned for.

What i had not planned for is her seemingly quick response to us.  While she doesn't want Wade to touch or hold her, she does smile at him...not at anything or anyone else.  He has her heart.  And that makes two of us.  I couldn't ask for a better partner in the world.  He told me yesterday that I had been telling him, "I'm so glad you're here with me."  It literally must have been subconscious that those words kept coming out.  But I AM so glad he's here with me!

Now back to bed to get some snuggles in before morning...

7 comments:

Ginny said...

Nat and Wade, I am so amazed at both of you. I'm so glad that you are secure in the flood of different emotions from everyone. Tell Ruthie that Ginny Ai Yi and James Shu Shu can't wait to meet her! Oh man, I really can't wait for her to meet her brothers!! Gin-Cat

Virginia S. said...

Nat ... I'm so thankful Leslie told me about your blog today. I've been thinking and praying for you guys SO MUCH this week, and LOVE that I can read about how you're doing, and see little Ruthie in your arms!! I've been balling looking all of the sweet sweet pictures!! Hold her close and hold her tight, and think about how that's the same love God has for us! Holy cow! Crying again...

Dave and Tara Harris said...

I am sitting here with fresh makeup on, CRYING. This is sooo incredible. I LOVED all the pictures of Ruthie. She is the cutest little thing. I want to jump on a plane next week when yall come home with her to be there and greet yall. You guys are incredible parents and Ruthie is going to just LOVE growing up in your family. So neat that you have gotten to experience both sides of being a mother. ;0)

Bethany said...

congrats you guys! she's beautiful:) will be praying! much love,
b

Julie Davis said...

I just love reading about all that is happening! I love seeing Ruthie with her mommy & daddy!! I can just picture you with her, she is a lucky, lucky girl!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Melissa Stanfield said...

I have been out of town this weekend and upon returning have now been REALLY able to read in soak in all the amazing moments that have taken place while you are NOW embracing your daughter in the bed this evening!
While away I kept taking a sneak peek at your blog to try and get a glimpse of what was happening but it was difficult. While up late and reading and looking at the photo's of you, your daughter, and your husband I am moved with tears of joy, wonder, and a sweet embrace of the Lord Himself! God is good!
When I see these photo's Natalie of you and you daughter I can't help but begin to cry knowing that through the waiting, depending upon God, and through all the prayers that this moment is here and a moment that indeed changes your life and your home for the Glory of God and your daughter!
I'm felled with such excitement and joy for my wonderful friends in China!
What a wonderful day indeed my friend and I'm hugging you all with little Ruthie with tears of joy and love! Enjoy this time (I know you will) and We eagerly wait for the three of you to come HOME!! We love you very much!!

andrea said...

i love how God can soften a little girls heart who has never met her forever parents....God has prepared ruthie for her mama & daddy... and as God only can do He has made the transition smooth...Praise be to God!

andrea