Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Overwhelmed...

Up again at 2:45 am...seems to be my new norm. :)  Switching time zones apparently does not come easy for me.

Also my mind is stirring...how can God be so kind to us??

When we got home from China, it was enough to have my children...all three of them...in my arms.  I needed nothing else.  When we got to our home, we noticed the the lawn was mowed...well, more than mowed, it was actually nicely manicured.  As I took our daughter inside, I couldn't help but notice all of these cute decorations of China themed things, along with snacks, paper plates, a HUGE bowl of fruit (which i have a picture of lawson staring at it with this huge eyes!).  That was enough.  But then i checked my refrigerator...I cried....then the pantry...i cried, then the freezer...you get the picture.  That was enough.

Then we were persuaded to go outside.  I only saw porch furniture.  For anyone who knows us well, we literally eat outside every day for lunch and dinner (esp in the spring and summer) on a quilt.  I love it...never even thought I could have porch furniture.  That was enough...and I cried.  THEN, i saw the most beautiful deck i have ever seen with these AWESOME fire torches...a wonderful "coffee area" and a chest full of toys for our kids...that was enough...and i cried.  How can people be so wonderfully kind to us??

And this next part, is just funny...as i walked out, the HUGE bushes that i can't stand that used to surround our crummy porch were gone!!!!  I found out later that they had attempted to save them...only God could know how much i was so glad that i can now see out my kitchen window, onto the most amazing deck built with wonderfully kind hands....That was enough...and of course, i cried.

Ok, then, as i got Ruthie settled in (did i mention it was enough to have her and my boys all under the same roof?) i noticed that my carpets looked WAY cleaner than they had when i left.  Oh, they were professionally cleaned.  If there were two projects at the top of our list of "must do's" when we got home, it was a carpet cleaning and a new deck...just amazing.

I checked bathrooms, they were all cleaned. Dusting, done.  And done way better than i could ever do them.  Then i checked the baseboards.  Someone had cleaned them ALL...I am a little embarrassed for whoever had this job...I promise, i was going to do it soon!  That was enough...

I know, you're thinking "there's more?"  Yes, there is.  We have all of these other projects that need to be done that we just live with.  We now have a working doorbell, a closet handle, replaced light bulbs, working light fixtures...it's like God was in charge of letting people know what would bless us most....that was enough...

Then, as I think it's all over, the boys get to open presents from the Youth of amazing toys and a Wii!!!  Did i just write that???  A Wii, really?

I told Ruthie when she went to bed that night just how blessed we all were.  She went from having NOTHING of her own to an amazing life because of the family of God...that is enough.

On a side note, we also have all new cleaners, Bath and Body works soaps (haven't bought those since early marriage!), new laundry detergents, gift cards, a pressure washed house and sidewalks, and a cute rose bush in my front yard.

Berachah, ya'll are too kind.  And yes, if anyone wants to know who these people are, they are our church family....the Body of Christ at work...that is enough, and yes, again, i cried.

11 comments:

andrea said...

natalie & wade
the hands and feet of God truly did shine on your family this week....Praise God for His everlasting Love for His children. enjoy your gifts...enjoy your time with your family most of all cry cry cry tears of joy, thankfulness....God is smiling down on you both for your obedience to Him.
ruthie is precious....she is the most popular child lifeline has ever had....amy & i are so happy she's a grubbs....Good to be a Grubbs...God LOVES the Grubbs.

Jeanne Damoff said...

Wow. Tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I, too, have been on the receiving end of the Body of Christ in action (and you were a big part of it), and still this just made my heart ache (in the best way) over God's gentle, amazing, "immeasurably more" love for His children.

I'm so thankful you're home safe with your Ruthie and reunited with your boys. We'll continue to pray as you adjust to life as a family of five. Please keep telling your story. I love reading it.

Much love,
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This brought tears to my eyes! What a story of the love of Christ through His body.

Heather Whiteman

Anonymous said...

Oh how I just cried right along with you while reading this. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord! You, God are wonderful and so loving. Thank you for blessing this sweet family, and continue to do so during their transition into a family of five. In Jesus name, Amen!
-Jana Scaheffer

Diane Hicks said...

Wow! Such an incredible journey. I loved keeping up with it through your blog. God is truly amazing and beyond anything we can even imagine. Many prayers for the Grubbs as they continue this journey and adjust to all the changes. Please continue to post. Love reading it!!

Ginny said...

...and I cried, too! I can't think of a family that deserves to be blessed more that the Grubbs. I'm so thankful that Ruthie is home where she belongs. I'd love to be a fly on the wall! :) Much, much love from the Taylors.

Anonymous said...

I've read this 4 times now and can't get through without crying. Simply beautiful.

Pruiksma's Progress said...

Hope you are enjoying your much deserved family time! So happy for you. Loved reading your posts. You could have spent your time, money and efforts on all these side projects but instead you focused on more important things -- your family, Church ministries and bringing Ruthie home to her forever family. Wade worked an extra job and you made "sacrifices" to bring Ruthie home. Now you can relax and enjoy each other as a family of five! Thank you for all you do to bring people to the Throne of Grace each week ...through your youth, ladies and music ministries. Your Berachah family loves you very much!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. And a deserving family. Love to you all.

Ginny S.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful homecoming, I'm glad your church family took care of all the 'odd and ends' so you could just focus on your new family. God is good!
Tiffany Neu

Anonymous said...

We cried too!! Chad and I wish we could've been there to help. How precious are the friends and the Body we call family! Such a blessing to your faithful and loving family-I'm so thrilled to read all of the blog posts. Thanks for sharing each day's events, your candid heart, and mostly, how our God truly is an awesome God. - rach