Good to be a Grubbs

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." (Ps 118:1)

Monday, October 15, 2007

It's been awhile...

I have been so many places in the past few weeks, well most of my life actually, that my little brain doesn't quite know what to think about it. So here is a synopsis of my adventures. The last time you saw me, I was only 4 weeks old. (I am now 14 weeks, so yeah I look a little fatter.)



It may look like I'm sleeping, but this man that mama and I are with is really important. My name is Lawson JACOB, and this is Jacob. My mama and Jacob were childhood friends. As far as I'm told, he was in a neardrowning accidnent when they were fourteen. He was in a coma for months and went to Baylor Medical Center to have the best doctors take care of him. My mama says that when she went to go see him, she was scared. So many things were happening to him, and all she could do was trust in the Lord. At that time, she wrote Jacob a letter, telling him that she loved him and that no matter what she would be there for him. Someday when she was older and had children, that she would name her first son after him. And that is me... I am so honored to be named after someone who honors the Lord with his life. My mom has told me that if she ever forgets who is in control or who knows the future, she can still hear Jacob saying, "God knows." She also says she'll tell me more of this great God as I grow up and learn more. So Uncle Jacob, thanks for the great name and the great friend that you are to my mom.



Here I am with some of my dad's family. I realize that my Nanny might be holding me, but I am captivated with this Honey of mine. (That's my dad's mom...no, i'm not eating honey yet.)






No comments: